It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the best way to export RTC work items from 5.0.2 into new 6.0.3 repository?

Becky McDermott (921139) | asked Apr 17 '17, 6:01 p.m.

We currently have a production 5.0.2 Jazz server with a lot of content.  We have installed a brand new 6.0.3 blank Jazz server and have the need to import data from our 5.0.2 instance into the new 6.0.3 instance.

I know that we can use ReqIF to export the DNG artifacts to the new server but I'm wondering what is the best way to import all of the RTC work items from 5.0.2 into 6.0.3?  Also, it would be ideal to retain the same numbering scheme on the new server.

3 answers

permanent link
Paul George (514) | answered Apr 17 '17, 6:08 p.m.

Assuming there wasn't a schema upgrade, you may find you can just connect the new instance to the same DB server.
I'd back up the DB first.

Comments
Becky McDermott commented Apr 17 '17, 6:15 p.m.

I'm not sure about actual schema changes but there are new application in 6.0.3 that weren't in 5.0.2 and I believe there are some database username changes so we really want the 6.0.3 database.

So, we are faced with somehow exporting the data out of 5.0.2 and importing it into 6.0.3.

Donald Nong commented Apr 17 '17, 10:15 p.m.

Paul, connecting to a DB of different version is not supported. There are always metadata changes between versions. A proper upgrade has to be performed.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 17 '17, 10:18 p.m.

If you want to move all your data from the 5.0.2 environment to 6.0.3, the only proper way is to upgrade the existing environment (particularly the "data").

If you only want to move only selected data (for example, certain project areas), the function is not available in CLM 6.0.3. Also, in this case the "numbering scheme" will not be maintained.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 18 '17, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

An analogue option to ReqIF would be using CSV to export work items. You can also import from CSV files. This is however not lossless.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.