It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to refresh Project Area Names in CLM associations?

Cesar Sasaki (511285124) | asked Aug 14 '13, 11:09 a.m.
Hi

I have a CLM configured and my project area names where :

-PMP RQM
-PMP RRC
-PMP CM

And they had all the clm associations between them. But I changed my project area names to

-AM RQM
-AM RRC
-AM CM

But when I try to link a defect to a  task , or a requirement to a test case, or any link between the project areas the old name still brings up. I went to the Associations part on the Project Area configuration and it has the old names.

How do I refresh it?

Comments
Jasper Van de Kreeke commented Aug 14 '13, 11:18 a.m.

When creating a project like 'PMP RQM' it gets an alias assigned like 'PMP+RQM'. You can rename a project, but the alias will remain the same.
Can it be that you see references to the alias 'PMP+RQM', which now represents the project called 'AM RQM'?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Aug 14 '13, 11:35 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '13, 11:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What version of RQM?  How are you creating the links (web UI or REST API)?  If the REST API, note https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#projectAlias.  Where are seeing the old name appear? 

Cesar Sasaki commented Aug 14 '13, 12:48 p.m.

When you select the PA to create the link and in the Project Area configuration

One answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Aug 14 '13, 2:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
This is a known defect.
The Artifact Container field of project link descriptions does not update when project names change (137331)

The only workaround I know id to go into the project areas and delete the old associations and create new ones that will have the new project names.

Thanks
Sandy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.