It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need admin rights to add the SAFe 4.0 templates to my test project

Stefan Kueffer (131) | asked May 12 '16, 1:41 p.m.
 If I try to add a template I get the error to not have sufficient rights.
However, I am the owner of this test project: https://jazz.net/sandbox03-ccm/web/projects/PEDCO%20Stages%20RTC%20SAFe%203.0%20Integration%20(Change%20and%20Configuration%20Management)

How to get the JazzProjectAdmins rights which are needed to add the SAFe 4.0 templates? I am a test user on the sandbox from above link.

Thank you and best regards, Stefan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 12 '16, 10:07 p.m.
edited May 12 '16, 10:09 p.m.
You can't do it that way, and I doubt that you will ever get the JazzProjectAdmins role.

As you indicated, you are a "user" of the jazz.net sandboxes. If you get the JazzProjectAdmins role, you will be allowed to manage other users' projects, which will not be a desirable result for other users.

Furthermore, the jazz.net sandbox interface does not allow you to create projects the usual way. We can create project only through the Trial page, which does not let you freely choose process templates either.

You can contact the webmaster and see whether SAFe 4.0 will be included in the next trial cycle. Other than that, you may just have to set up a test environment locally.
Stefan Kueffer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stefan Kueffer commented May 13 '16, 9:00 a.m. | edited May 15 '16, 8:04 p.m.

OK and thank you, it makes sense to me to not have any admin permissions on the sandbox, but would it be possible that the sandbox administrator just adds those templates into my project areas?

I just have setup the lifecycle project including the relevant project areas for our SAFe 4.0 integration tests: https://jazz.net/ <wbr> sandbox03-jts/lpa/projects
Can the administrator just add the SAFe 4.0 templates as explained in the SAFe 4.0 Asset Wiki to the following project areas:

Donald Nong commented May 15 '16, 8:08 p.m.

It's some common misunderstanding among many users - you cannot add process templates to an existing project area, never. Once a project area is created, there is no longer any links between it and the process template. Any changes in the process template after the creation of the project area will not be reflected in the project area. The only way to have a project area with the new template is to create a new project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.