It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Code Movement from RTC 3.0 environment to RTC 4.0

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan (611) | asked Dec 03 '14, 4:59 a.m.

We received a new server with RTC 4.0.7 and we are in process of moving code manually from RTC 3.0 .1 environmet.
During the time of stream creation I have noticed that we can create it and add the components from another stream or workspace. Also noticed we can pull the stream from another repository connection.

Is it possible to access the RTC 3.0 stream and pull the components and add under the RTC 4.0 stream?

Actually as per suggestion I have enabled the Distributed SCM and added the servers in friend list.

But still when I tried to add the component from the RTC 3.0.1 into RTC 4.0.7 environment, it is still throwing the error Distributed SCM is not enabled.

Please suggest.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 03 '14, 6:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 03 '14, 6:30 a.m.
Distributed SCM does a deep copy of the data and only works across "compatible versions". If the SCM meta model changes, if does not work across the old model and the new model. 3.x and 4.x will not work. You would have to upgrade the 4.x server to the same version and then use distributed SCM.

Finally, as indicated on the downloads page and in https://jazz.net/library/article/1399 you need a certain license (full developer) to be able to use the feature. If you mix licenses e.g. developer for workgroup or 10 Free with the developer licenses on the server, distributed SCM will be disabled.

PS: making the server friends is only needed to be able to follow work item links to the original repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.