It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC 6.0: CCM Alert the user when you make an non existing user mention in discussion area @wronguser

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013130258) | asked May 10 '16, 6:00 p.m.
 Hello, 
I notice that the mentions are case sensitive and if you make a mistake with that, the user won't get the email notifications, so is there any way to restrict that allowing mentions just to valid users and if it is not an valid or existing RTC user should alert. 

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 10 '16, 9:19 p.m.

Not a direct response to your request. Do users use the wizard to add mentions? You won't have a wrong user if you do it that way.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented May 11 '16, 3:11 a.m.

I type '@' and press 'Ctrl+Space' to show all valid users.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented May 11 '16, 3:52 p.m.

thank you I know that possibility but not all users know about the control+space, and just type wherever name they remember, and is kind of messy due that the system does not alert that. 

Donald Nong commented May 12 '16, 6:02 a.m.

Currently, when RTC turns the @user into a link, it does not query the server at all. This means that it will not know whether the user exists or not. I think that'll be an RFE candidate.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.