It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error saving user profile. CRJAZ2419E

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Mar 17 '15, 8:02 a.m.
edited Mar 17 '15, 8:38 a.m.
All,

This is a first. I have a user that is the only one that cannot save their work hours in the User Profile area. She saved her Absences, but after editing her work time, it gives a permission error.

Any ideas?

Comments
Robert Dumnicki commented Jun 08 '15, 11:20 a.m. | edited Jun 09 '15, 5:46 a.m.

Hi,

I have the same problem, and also I probably identified the project, where work hours are disabled. But how to enable it?

Kevin Ramer commented Jun 08 '15, 11:54 a.m.

By "enable it" you mean allowing user to save availability profile ?  Open the project in Eclipse RTC for modification.  Navigate to Planning / Work Environment.  There is a check-box there labeled

"Users cannot modify their own work allocations"     

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 17 '15, 8:38 a.m.
Are there entries which are labeled with * that were left untouched ?  Do any of those belong to project areas who have disabled saving work hours ? 

The * means that when saved, a default computation of available time will be saved to all project/team areas.

We encountered this subtle issue once upon a time when a user had work time in many projects and was trying in vain to update some of the items, but none could save because of that one project whose configuration prevented users from saving their own work time.   To solve you'll need to discern which of the projects doesn't permit.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Mar 17 '15, 9:07 a.m.

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I don't see where this permission is to disable/enable work hours...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.