It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to ugrade to Design Manager 6.0.2

Uwe Kaiser (111) | asked May 09 '16, 9:41 a.m.
Dear support,

when I chose the field "Upgrading" on the Design Manager version 6.0.2 it says there, that upgrades to milestones are not possible. But 6.0.2 is a release and not a milestone.
Is this just missing, or is an Upgrade really impossible?

Kind regards
Uwe

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 10 '16, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 If you would have included a link to the help page, we could check. In general, you should be able to upgrade to a released version.

Comments
Uwe Kaiser commented May 10 '16, 3:14 a.m. | edited May 10 '16, 3:24 a.m.

Here is the link:
https://jazz.net/downloads/design-management/releases/6.0.2?p=upgrading
There is stated, that upgrading is not possible.

Ralph Schoon commented May 10 '16, 3:26 a.m.

That is most likely a copy paste error from the last milestone build. I reported it to the Web Site team.

Ralph Schoon commented May 10 '16, 3:30 a.m.

PS, this is a forum and an open community and not the support site. The menu bar should probably not be called "Support". 

Uwe Kaiser commented May 10 '16, 4:40 a.m.

I came here by clicking in Support->Ask a Question. I did not realized, that I was redirected to the forum.
Thank you for the help anyway.

PS the link you posted was helpful, but in the end the "Upgrade" feels more like a new installation with additional migration of some data.

Ralph Schoon commented May 10 '16, 4:45 a.m.

Upgrade of Jazz applications always has been a side by side new install and then a data migration step. So no new experience here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.