It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Forge Console installation Test the database configurtion disapper

Naveen V (791458) | asked Apr 28 '16, 12:06 p.m.
Hi,

I am trying to install BuildForge console using IM. BF version is 7.1.3. While installing there is database configuration page to provide the details. When I am selecting "SQL server 2005" or any other database type from dropdown list then "Test the database Configuration" options are disappearing. Does anyone have any idea on it? I downloaded the software twice but no luck. When I come to this page by default "DB2" selected and the "Test the database Configuration" appearing with options. As soon as I select other type then its disappearing. If I reselect DB2 also options are not showing.

Any help much appreciate.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pritesh Patel (12246) | answered Apr 28 '16, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Naveen,

This appears to be an issue with the version of IM that you are using. Please review the following:

https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/259595/unable-to-install-build-forge-7135-the-database-co.html

i hope that this helps.

Many thanks,
Pritesh...
Naveen V selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen V commented Apr 28 '16, 12:25 p.m.

I am using IBM® Installation Manager Version 1.8.4.1. Hope this is causing the issue but I had installed other products using this. I need to uninstall and install the minimum IM version is 1.4.4.

One other answer

permanent link
Naveen V (791458) | answered Apr 28 '16, 12:19 p.m.

Comments
Pritesh Patel commented Apr 28 '16, 2:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You'll need to revert to an older version, perhaps not as old has 1.4.4. I got it to work with IM v1.5.3. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.