It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not able to access BuildForge console

Mandava Nagesh (323) | asked Nov 13 '13, 12:20 a.m.
I have installed BuildForge 7.1.2 on RHEL 6.2 64 bit system. DB2 Express Database was used as repository.
I am able to start the buildforge successfully. When I tried to access it using web browser it is not displaying login page.

I have checked the catalina.out file and there I am seeing below message

WARNING: SQL 918828740 result set error
Nov 13, 2013 10:49:43 AM com.buildforge.services.server.db.DBConnection getStringNoEx
WARNING: getStringNoEx: [ERROR: info=301AD554-4C23-11E3-87CF-0BB77407B3A8 raw=(unknown) ex=com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: [jcc][t4][1065][12306][3.53.95] Caught java.io.CharConversionException.  See attached Throwable for details. ERRORCODE=-4220, SQLSTATE=null]
Nov 13, 2013 10:49:46 AM com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection process
WARNING: !!!
com.buildforge.services.common.api.APIException: Engine license count exceeded (or missing license)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.auth.EngineCredentials.use(EngineCredentials.java:139)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.auth.EngineCredentials.get(EngineCredentials.java:87)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.AuthContext.becomeEngine(AuthContext.java:966)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLoginEngine(AuthCommands.java:226)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLoginResponse(AuthCommands.java:262)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.doLogin(AuthCommands.java:317)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.commands.AuthCommands.invoke(AuthCommands.java:90)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APICommandProcessor.process(APICommandProcessor.java:275)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.handleRequest(APIServerConnection.java:236)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.api.APIServerConnection.process(APIServerConnection.java:150)
        at com.buildforge.services.server.dispatch.callback.BufferedConnection.run(BufferedConnection.java:220)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)

Thanks,
Nagesh Mandava.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Nov 13 '13, 9:10 a.m.
 Hello,

Do you see the login page redirect or does the browser just sit there and keep loading with no results? How do you know Build Forge started completely and successfully? The best way to ensure that Build Forge is started completely, is to use the -d flag when starting Build Forge. This will start Build Forge in the foreground and allow you to see what it's doing during startup. When complete, you should see "Current Threshold [2000000000]". This will ensure that Build Forge has started completely. You can also check the db.log within the Build Forge home dir and there should be a line in there like the one below.
11/13/2013 9:03:01 AM: CRRBF0571I: 6752: DB: Database [rafw] has reached size of [141705216], current threshold [2000000000].

This will indicate that Build Forge has started correctly as well. If you can start BF in the foreground and output the data to a file and put the contents here. That would be a big help. 
Mandava Nagesh selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.