It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to get a detailed execution result through the Selenium adapter for RQM?

Andrew Trobec (49713144139) | asked Apr 28 '16, 11:59 a.m.
Hello,

I am currently evaluating RQM integration with Selenium.  I've managed to get everything up and running and that's great.  My only issue is with the level of detail provided to RQM that is then stored as an execution result.  With RFT integration, for example, RQM constructs a step based result from the RFT script so I can pinpoint any failed steps.  With Selenium all I get is a single step, either passed or failed, that represents the entire script.

Is there some execution parameter that I can pass to Selenium through the adapter or some sort of script configuration that I can develop that will allow me to see more detailed execution results in RQM?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Vijay Patil (4813) | answered May 02 '16, 9:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,

We create a separate step in RQM execution result for each "@Test" methods in JUnit test case. Also we add the stack trace for failed tests and screenshot for the step, if provided.

Is your entire script is getting run by a single "@Test" method ? If so, I will suggest to break it into several "@Test" methods, so that you can see a related step created in RQM execution result.

For more details, you can also check out our help doc - https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_runjuselenexec.html?lang=en

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay

permanent link
Bibiana Amaya (11) | answered Feb 02, 1:15 p.m.

Hello,

I see this forum was posted on 2016. I'm just wondering if there's a new response now.
I took a look to the documentation provided but it just mentions the screenshots, not the logs/execution results.
Is there any way to see Extent reports or logs as part or as attachments to the test result?

Thanks in advance for the response.

Regards, 
Bibiana.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.