It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I delete canned attributes in Quality Manager?

Debra Aubrey (1112) | asked Apr 22 '16, 5:48 p.m.
For example, I would like to delete the "Weight" attribute from the Test Case Summary.  I can't find how to delete unwanted attributes.  If it's not possible to modify the test case attributes (similar to DNG) to delete the "Weight" attribute, I would like to change the test case it so "Weight" it is not a mandatory field.

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Apr 26 '16, 5:08 p.m.

Hi Debra,

It is not possible through either the web client or RTC eclipse client. I have been looking for a request for enhancement but have not found it yet. I will follow up after searching again.

You can set a default value for "weight" though so it is automatically filled in. Would that help?

Thanks,
Brett

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Apr 26 '16, 5:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Weight can not be deleted from the test case.  It is a required attribute for execution.  Is there specific use case to create a test case that you don't want to specify a weight to track the execution?

Comments
Debra Aubrey commented Apr 26 '16, 5:53 p.m.

We are in transition to using DNG/RTC/RQM and really only want to use RQM to track test coverage with test execution happening outside the Jazz platform for the near term. I want to create a Test Case that does not include extraneous data in order to help speed adoption of the tool chain.

paul chu commented Apr 26 '16, 11:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think you can still put in an appropriate weight for a test case to reflect what is being tested even the execution will be done externally.  You can then create a result without execution to track the test result of the external execution.  If you merely want to create the test cases, I'd take Brett's suggestion to set the default value for the test case weight in the project properties, perhaps the minimum of 1, to automatically fill in for all test cases.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.