It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change interval of pop-up aletert for Delivery notification?

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Feb 14 '13, 8:56 p.m.
retagged Feb 18 '13, 10:16 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
My customer want to shorter interval of pop-up alert.

There I can only see priority and no interval.
According to our test. the interval seems to be 10 minutes regard less of priority.
So, this setting is same as email notification (default is 600 seconds) but I do not see the connection between it.

Please let me know if anyone have expertise for this area.
Thank you!

Configuring notifications
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.workitem.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_configuring_notifications.html

pop-up alert

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Feb 15 '13, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  I would advise against doing notifications more quickly than this.  In fact, I would have the interval be even longer in many cases.  The notifications are driven by RSS feeds being processed for the most recent events on the system.  The feeds in question will run queries against the backend database.  If you do these too frequently, they just add load to the backend database.  The question to ask is this, "What BUSINESS need is this serving?".  For many customers, they just want the feeling that they are being notified in "real time".  Having notification like this doesn't trigger any other work, it's primarily a communication to encourage collaboration.

An interval of 600 seems like a good choice to me.  

ryosuke oka selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tim Mok commented Feb 15 '13, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'll add that you can configure your feed refresh interval from Team Dashboard view. The feed for each project area can be configured for different intervals.

ryosuke oka commented Feb 17 '13, 8:38 p.m.

Thank you for comment, Daniel.

And Thank you for providing an answer, Tim!

I will put both comments together and provide an appropriate answer for the client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.