It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is OIDC application password support provided for ETM URL Utility?

Musashi Tsujiuchi (515) | asked Jun 29 '21, 4:39 a.m.
edited Jun 29 '21, 4:56 a.m.

Other tools seem to provide OIDC application password support, Does ETM-URLUtility support it?

As far as I tried 702, it doesn't seem to correspond.

I'd be happy if URLUtility supports OIDC application password, but if it don't, do I have to use it with the curl & REST API?

[References]
OIDC application password support is provided for the ETM Copy Project Properties Utility
OIDC application password support is provided for the ETM Execution Tool
OIDC application password support is provided for the command-line and Selenium adapters
ETM Word/Excel Importer : Add support for OIDC-to-OIDC integration

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 29 '21, 10:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 29 '21, 10:49 a.m.
The tool asks for a user name and a password.
If OIDC/JAS is set up, it should work with JAS in a fallback mode using Basic Auth or Form Auth I can't remember which...

My understanding is, that all the command line tools should work that way.

Musashi Tsujiuchi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Musashi Tsujiuchi commented Jun 29 '21, 9:40 p.m. | edited Jun 29 '21, 9:43 p.m.

Hi Ralph, thank you for your comment!

As you say, I'm having problems using the OIDC/JAS is set up environment.

OIDC/JAS is set up environment: NG (Other tools(CLA, ExcelImporter-fix version) are OK)
Not OIDC/JAS is set up Environment: OK

>My understanding is, that all the command line tools should work that way.

Is that so?...
Since it seems to work with curl & REST API(Rf.), I was wondering if URLUtility does not support application password.
Is there a way to check if it is supported?
For the security of the customer environment, I want to use curl as the final method...

(Rf.)Adopting OIDC Application Passwords in Native ELM Clients
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ApplicationPasswordsAdoption

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 30 '21, 2:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can hardly make sense of your comment. I can not find any statements that the ETM URL Utility won't work with OIDC, so it should. You can not mix it with cURL. You would have to pass cookies and other information between cURL and the Utility as an example.

Here is the documentation that there is: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMURLUtility . The only mention of cURL is that the utility performs similar calls. 

If you want to use the ETM URL Utility, use the commands from the reference. If the login does not work, open a case with support.

As you can see in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMURLUtility#Command_Lines_Arguments_explaine the username and password are required. If provided and the ETM URL Utility does still not work, open a case with support. 

The tool comes with its source, if you want to make sure.

Musashi Tsujiuchi commented Jun 30 '21, 6:13 a.m. | edited Jun 30 '21, 6:24 a.m.
>The tool comes with its source, if you want to make sure.

I noticed in your comment.
When I checked the source, it was not supported by 702.
So I checked the source of 703-M6 and checked the operation, and it worked!

Your comment helped me.
Thank you!

By the way, the support did not support to this matter as it was out of scope..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.