It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Sprint plan Actual Start Date is equal to Created Date

Alex Stamenov (1115) | asked Mar 29 '16, 12:11 p.m.
Hi !

I am trying to track the time spent by work items in different states:
New
in Progress
Testing
Completed
So , I put thw following columns in my ranked list plan:
Created Date, Actual Start Date, Modified Date and Resoiution Date
But to my surprise Actual Start Date is the saem as Created Date !!! I expected RTC to change the Actual Start Date when work item changes status from NEW to In Progress, but apparently this is not happening ! Where do I go to change that behaviour and get Actula Start Date correctly recorded ?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 29 '16, 11:39 p.m.
Hi, Alex

According to https://jazz.net/library/article/663/, you are right that Actual Start Date should be the date when WI changes status to In Progress. If the behavior is what you see now, it should be a defect.

I tested with my v5.0.2 and see the expected behavior. The Actual start date is set on the date I changed status from New to In Progress in the plan view. What version did you test with?

The defect I can find is that when status changed to resolved, actual start date is also changed to the resolved date which is a problem(I saw the same issue in my 5.0.2):
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=370932

Comments
Alex Stamenov commented Mar 30 '16, 3:44 a.m. | edited Mar 30 '16, 9:21 p.m.

Hi Don ! Thank you for the prompt reply. Here are the versions of the server and client I am using:

About the Change and Configuration Management Application

Version: 6.0.1
Build Information Version Build ID
Change and Configuration Management - Core Libraries 6.0.1 RTC-I20151109-2045
6.0.1 ifix1+test fix 6.0.1ifix2+testfix 20160107-1000
The patch is active for CCM. For details about the patch, see the readme.txt file. 6.0.1 iFix002
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 6.0.1 RJF-I20151106-1823
JTS Patch is active. Contact your system administrator for details on fixes included in this patch in readme.txt. 6.0.1 iFix002

About the Rational Jazz Team Server

Version: 6.0.1
Build Information Version Build ID
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 6.0.1 RJF-I20151106-1823
JTS Patch is active. Contact your system administrator for details on fixes included in this patch in readme.txt. 6.0.1 iFix002a

Client Access License Types Assigned to user Alex Stamenov

Product Version Type Variant
Rational Team Concert 6.0 Developer-Floating Unlocked
Rational Quality Manager 6.0 Quality Professional-Floating Unlocked
Rational DOORS Next Generation 6.0 Analyst-Floating Unlocked
Rational Rhapsody Design Manager 6.0 Design Manager-Floating Unlocked

I hope this helps !

Don Yang commented Mar 30 '16, 9:25 p.m.

Hi, Alex

I tested with v6.0.1 ifix03(latest ifix) and I don't see the problem here.

As your RTC has ifix02+testfix but JTS is ifix02a. I am not sure if patch for your ccm is causing any issue or not. If the testfix is a part of ifix03, I would suggest to upgrade the patch to ifix03 and have a try. Otherwise, you may need to contact Rational support and see if there is anything related to specific testfix.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.