It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to transfer existing RSA models (managed by SVN) to Jazz Design Manager (in managed mode) to be managed there

Martin Rüegg (1513) | asked Mar 24 '16, 3:00 a.m.
 We start working with Design Manager and plan to transfer existing RSA models, stored in SVN repository to Jazz Deisgn Manager, working in managed mode. How can I do this transfer?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Mar 24 '16, 6:54 a.m.
Hi Martin,

What do you mean by working in "Managed mode"? It is 'Managed externally using import definition' or 'Actively managed by Design Manager' (see : Specifying the data magement mode  and  Creating design project areas)?

In a nutshell...,
 For the 
'Managed externally using import definition' project areas, you would need to use the import engine to import the RSA models into the Design Manager (DM) repository. If you want to continue using the traditional RSA modeling with your SVN repository you would use the import engine to import new changes to your model into the DM repository (see: Sharing Rational Software Architect models).
 For the
' Actively managed by Design Manager' project areas, you would need to use the RSA DM Client Extension to upload your RSA projects into your DM repository. Once the models are in the DM repository, you will be able to edit (create or update) your RSA models directory in the DM repository.
 Finally,
'Managed externally using import definition' mode project areas can be switched to Actively managed by Design Manager' mode (contrary is not possible). So once you have initially imported your models, in the DM repository, using the import Engine, you can switch to actively managed mode to continue your modeling directly on the DM repository.

I hope that will give you an overview of what is possible.

Regards
François
Martin Rüegg selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Martin Rüegg commented Mar 24 '16, 7:16 a.m. | edited Jan 07 '17, 11:56 p.m.

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your answer. I meant 'Actively managed by Design Manager'. So I have to check RSA DM Client.
Best regards
Martin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.