It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to add baselines to stream

vinay kumar bondugula (7312563) | asked Mar 21 '16, 1:52 a.m.
HI,

I am trying to create a stream and add old baselines to create a snapshot. So created a stream and when I tried to add the baselines the list of baselines only show 1000 or few more but baseline for which I am looking for does not appear to be on the list. How can I view old baselines and add them to stream.

For example, I am having 1600 baselines and I see only 1600-600 baselines and I need to add 300 baseline to my stream. But that 300 does not appear to be on the list. 

Thank you.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '16, 4:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think from a terminology perspective, you want to create a stream and select the baselines for the components. You don't want to "add baselines", you want to select them/replace them. You should be able to find and select the baselines you want. If not, I would suggest to contact support.

vinay kumar bondugula commented Mar 21 '16, 6:43 a.m.

I am able to find the baselines but in the list of baselines it shows only limited baselines, I am unable to old baselines. But when right click on any component under stream and say show baselines it shows all baselines of the component, which is not happening while I am trying to add old baselines to new stream, it shows only limited baselines.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '16, 3:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, but from the description I can't figure what the problem is.

3 answers

permanent link
vinay kumar bondugula (7312563) | answered Mar 24 '16, 2:41 a.m.
 I will explain. I had a component with latest baseline #1435. I want to work on baseline #202 of the same component, so I tried to add components under a stream, Clicked on Add under components section -> went for component baselines option -> entered component name and selected my desired component -> in the next window it should show all the baselines of the component to add any baseline, but it displays only baselines from 1435 to 430 and I want to add baseline #202 to stream. So how to add my desired baseline to my stream.

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Mar 24 '16, 2:00 p.m.
I think you are not able to see all the baselines because your filter is not set correctly.
In the "Add Component" dialog box, click on the "Filter..." button and set the filter appropriately. You should be able to see the baselines you are looking for.

Filter for baselines

Comments
vinay kumar bondugula commented Mar 28 '16, 6:02 a.m.

I have checked the filter option, it only asks me to specify any selected stream or repository workspace but not a option to see all baselines. 

In visual studio I am able to see all baselines while adding to stream, I only had this issue with eclipse client.

Thanks,
Vinay

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Mar 30 '16, 4:36 a.m.

Hi

Do you have a "Show More" link at the bottom of the Baselines window?

D

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.