It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM CLI - List workspace properties - List flowtarget

p m n (271913) | asked Dec 07 '13, 5:14 a.m.
retagged Dec 10 '13, 11:56 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I recently upgraded SCM Tools on my 32-bit Linux box to v4.0.3 hoping to use new CLI functionalities (like "scm workspace propertylist", "scm workspace flowtarget" etc) which were unavailable in v4.0 which I was using previously. However, after the upgrade when I ran these "scm workspace" commands, the output was minimal or not what I'd expected. 

For instance, 

1)
# scm workspace propertylist -r local myTestWorkspace
(1262) "myTestWorkspace"
  Repository: https://alm-linux:9443/ccm/
  Ownedby: (1263) "pmn"
  Visibility: Private
#
The details mentioned above are much less than what I'm able to get from the Eclipse GUI client (for the same version of RTC) - which, for the given workspace, also lists its components, the current baseline per component and flow-target, if any, among others. 

2)

# scm workspace flowtarget -r local myTestWorkspace
Argument syntax error:
Missing arguments to subcommand "workspace flowtarget" - target-workspace. Try 'scm help workspace flowtarget' for more information.
#
Which made me wonder if I misunderstood the intent of this command. That is, if a user did not know anything about the workspace "myTestWorkspace" above, is there an scm command he could use to list its current/default flow-target, if any?

Regards.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Dec 08 '13, 10:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 08 '13, 10:15 p.m.
The workspace operations is split into multiple commands.
scm workspace propertylist {workspace}:  lists the properties/attributes of the workspace.
scm list components {workspace}: lists the components of a workspace
scm list flowtargets {workspace} : lists all the flowtargets (including default and current)
scm workspace flowtarget: allows you to set the default and current flowtarget as well scope the components of the flowtarget.

p m n selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
p m n commented Dec 09 '13, 2:54 a.m.

Nice! This is what I was looking for. Thanks.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.