It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM CLI - List workspace properties - List flowtarget

p m n (271913) | asked Dec 07 '13, 5:14 a.m.
retagged Dec 10 '13, 11:56 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I recently upgraded SCM Tools on my 32-bit Linux box to v4.0.3 hoping to use new CLI functionalities (like "scm workspace propertylist", "scm workspace flowtarget" etc) which were unavailable in v4.0 which I was using previously. However, after the upgrade when I ran these "scm workspace" commands, the output was minimal or not what I'd expected. 

For instance, 

1)
# scm workspace propertylist -r local myTestWorkspace
(1262) "myTestWorkspace"
  Repository: https://alm-linux:9443/ccm/
  Ownedby: (1263) "pmn"
  Visibility: Private
#
The details mentioned above are much less than what I'm able to get from the Eclipse GUI client (for the same version of RTC) - which, for the given workspace, also lists its components, the current baseline per component and flow-target, if any, among others. 

2)

# scm workspace flowtarget -r local myTestWorkspace
Argument syntax error:
Missing arguments to subcommand "workspace flowtarget" - target-workspace. Try 'scm help workspace flowtarget' for more information.
#
Which made me wonder if I misunderstood the intent of this command. That is, if a user did not know anything about the workspace "myTestWorkspace" above, is there an scm command he could use to list its current/default flow-target, if any?

Regards.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Dec 08 '13, 10:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 08 '13, 10:15 p.m.
The workspace operations is split into multiple commands.
scm workspace propertylist {workspace}:  lists the properties/attributes of the workspace.
scm list components {workspace}: lists the components of a workspace
scm list flowtargets {workspace} : lists all the flowtargets (including default and current)
scm workspace flowtarget: allows you to set the default and current flowtarget as well scope the components of the flowtarget.

p m n selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
p m n commented Dec 09 '13, 2:54 a.m.

Nice! This is what I was looking for. Thanks.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.