It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issues with RTC 6.0.1 JTS Plain zip usage

Karthik Krishnan (8846119163) | asked Mar 08 '16, 4:37 a.m.
I am suing RTC 6.0.1 JTS Plain zip to evaluate on my local PC which have 16 GB ram and SSD. 

What I've noticed is, running on local PC when compared with RTC 5.0.2, 6.0.1 is very slow.

Many cases the web call or Eclipse call ends in timeout. Any idea now to improve the speed?

I also noticed that the plain zip JTS isn't using Tomcat

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Mar 08 '16, 10:24 p.m.
Comparing to 5.0.2, the 6.0.1 plain zip package has two more components - RELM and JRS. If you're trialing all these components together with the default 4GB JVM heap, it can be slow. If you only need RTC, you can remove the other applications from the location server/liberty/servers/clm/apps and then restart the server. You can also try increasing the JVM heap size by modifying the -Xmx parameter in the server.startup script - make sure you have enough physical memory before doing so.

Note that starting from 6.0.1, WAS Liberty has replaced Tomcat as the bundled application server, as you have noticed.
Karthik Krishnan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Mar 09 '16, 10:45 a.m.

I only have CCM

Any idea how to increase the JVM for liberty?

Donald Nong commented Mar 09 '16, 11:59 p.m.

That's in my original answer already. Open the script server.startup, look for "-Xmx", and change the default "-Xmx4G" to something larger, say "-Xmx6G".

Karthik Krishnan commented Mar 10 '16, 4:12 a.m.

works after increasing the memory settings 

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.