It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 5.0.2 search requirement not showing in results

Naveen V (791759) | asked Feb 17 '16, 9:20 a.m.
Hi,

I recently upgraded CLM from 4.0.3 to 5.0.2. Everything went success including full indexing. Issue is now. I am searching one requirement with ID in RRC web but its not showing  Not found as result. Where as searching the parent requirement ID showing the result. Hope its happening for one particular requirement only. I did reindexing all to see any luck but its not. Hope I may need to do indices once?

Do I need to add
com.ibm.team.fulltext.indexLocation=D\:/IBM/CLM502/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/rm/indices/workitemindex
line in teamserver.properties file and do the indices and indexing ?

What could be the problem on search results?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Taly Hotimsky (2714657) | answered Feb 17 '16, 12:05 p.m.
Naveen,

The only scenario I've seen (recently, on 5.0) for a particular artifact not returning in the search is when the artifact for whatever reason is not residing in any folder.
In our case it happened due to a broken import, not sure if the upgrade could cause it too.
Anyway, if that's the case you need to enter the artifact page (through a permalink, a link in another artifact, anything that'd allow you to enter it without relying on the search) and move it to a folder (any folder).

If that's not your scenario, I'm sorry, I can't provide any other clues.
Naveen V selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen V commented Feb 17 '16, 1:57 p.m.

Great. Its worked for me too. Artifact was not into any of the folder.

Naveen V commented Feb 17 '16, 2:28 p.m.

Hi Taly, I have one question. How I can query or find out which are not in folder so that I can move all of them into folder to avoid issue in search in future.

Thanks

Taly Hotimsky commented Feb 17 '16, 3:40 p.m.

No way that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

It's not standard behavior for an artifact not to be in a folder, so I don't know of any way that you can query through it in the tool.

Donald Nong commented Feb 17 '16, 9:29 p.m.

If you suspect any data corruption regarding the folder structure, you can contact Support and obtain a diagnostic utility called "folder Integrity check tool" to validate the data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.