It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any best practice we can follow to create and use reports in Jazz Reporting Services ?

Sanchita Mukhopadhyay (1117) | asked Feb 15 '16, 11:42 p.m.
Currently we have hundreds of reports scattered in different folders in JRS (some in root folders as well). It becomes difficult to find any specific report if I don't know the exact folder name in which the report resides. Is there any way we can guide our users to follow some best practices while creating new report?
Also, apart from JRS admin, is it possible for others to delete reports? What permission is required to delete the reports?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 17 '16, 4:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I am aware a user can see the following reports
  • The reports he is owner of (created them)
  • The reports that are shared with him in any way
  • The reports that are public

You have various filters and grouping options available to search for reports.

Anyone with sufficient permissions/licenses can create and run a report. As long as the report is not shared, it will not show up on the list of reports for any user.

All reports can have multiple tags, that can be associated and a title as well as a detailed description. Like everywhere where a lot of items can show up, it is a good idea to negotiate on some basic naming conditions and behavior like.

• Don't share a report, if it is not useful for others, or share it in the smallest possible context e.g. with your team
  • Come up with some basic tags that should be used for reports that are important for groups of people

A user with the repository role JazzAdmin can make users report admins, including himself. Report Admins can see all reports, including privately owned reports by other users. These report admins can delete all reports they see.

Otherwise the owner of a report is able to delete his reports, as far as I know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.