It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use of runtime arguments for JRS report

Gari Palmer (111) | asked Apr 19 '16, 10:54 a.m.

Is there a way to prompt the end user for information when running JRS? The goal is to be able to have a generic JRS report and at runtime to allow the end user to narrow the focus of the report to their current needs. This is especially useful on large programs where end users do not want to go into JRS but would like to be able to have a report on their dashboard which they can configure on the fly. For example, when running a report on Test Plans, the end user may only want to see the information associated with a specific Test Plan.

3 answers

permanent link
Darren Coffin (1823) | answered Apr 19 '16, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gari,

Yes, there are dynamic filters that can be changed by the user with different values to configure the report on the fly.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Apr 19 '16, 11:58 a.m.
Filters can be added - either optional or required - that users can enter via the JRS interface or via the dashboard widget.  These filters and their behavior are set up in the 'Add Conditions' section when you are building the report. 

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Apr 19 '16, 11:59 a.m.

I believe these filters were introduced with the CLM 6.0 release, so if you're using an older version of report builder you may not have this capability yet.  

Giribabu Pragada commented Jul 27 '16, 9:00 a.m. | edited Jul 27 '16, 9:06 a.m.

Hi all,

What about the reports which are modified in advanced SQL tab. How to use this run time arguments capability with the advanced SQL.In one link i got that with the help of dollar symbols we can achieve this. I tried and its working but for only single value that too need to type, Its not showing all available values as drop down and allowing us to choose.
Can anyone help in this.

thanks,
Giri. 

permanent link
Gari Palmer (111) | answered Apr 19 '16, 12:41 p.m.
Thank you for your answers. I look forward to CLM 6.0 and using these filters. Glad this is additional functionality is being added!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.