It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

After installing Jazz & DoorsNG I cannot create new artifacts (requirements)

Thomas Ehrnhoefer (545) | asked Jul 02 '14, 3:02 p.m.

I am working on automatic provisioning for the Jazz server and DOORS next generation.

While it looks like my current process works fine (the server is installed and configured, I can create users, projects, the trial licenses are applied to the created user), I am hitting a road block:

I cannot create any requirements in the project I create. The only menu item in the "Artifacts" I am seeing is "Browse Artifacts". It looks like I am lacking permissions.

The user I am using is a member (project admin role) and an admin of the project (I used the user to create the project). It has the "Rational DOORS Next Generation - Contributor" license. The project has default permissions.

I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what.

Does anybody have some idea what to try/test, or what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 02 '14, 3:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 02 '14, 3:26 p.m.
 Hi Thomas,

The Contributor license is designed with read-only permissions in mind. In order to create artifacts within the DOORS Next Gen application, you will need an Analyst license. For more information about licenses, you can take a look at the CLM Help page for Client Access License Management Overview.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Thomas Ehrnhoefer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thomas Ehrnhoefer commented Jul 02 '14, 3:56 p.m.

Thanks Mike.

That makes sense and apologies for not reading the license description precisely. The hover starts with saying "full read and write access" on contributor....and I didn't bother continuing to see which modules. It works fine now, and I will head back to it with feeling a bit ashamed :)

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 02 '14, 3:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ha! No worries, Thomas :) As mistakes go, this was a very small one to make!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.