It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Test data at the step level

Valentina Valori (111) | asked Feb 09 '16, 10:08 a.m.
Is there any chance to specify the Test Data at the step level?
I would like to repeat some steps of my test script for some predefined values (different values for different steps).
But I don´t want to change or select the values before the test run.
For example:
Step 1 for value A and B
Step 2 for value C and D
I have tried with a single Test Data file, but I cannot filter the data for each step. I have created different data file to be used at the different steps, but I cannot find the way to link more then one test data to the same test script.
Is there a solution?
Thank you in advance

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 09 '16, 6:02 p.m.
Hi, Valentina

Currently a test script only allows to link to one test data at a time. There are a couple of RFEs which are close to what you are looking for, for example:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=62408

If you create two test data and associate with two keywords and then add that two keywords into the test script steps,
even though the final test script can only link to one keyword, it seems to work during test case execution, each step will show the associated with variable in its own test data. You may want to give it a try.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.