It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I remove the 'Platform Coverage' tab when creating a TCER?

Li Chen (11923742) | asked Jul 12 '13, 5:06 p.m.

I am using RQM 4.0.2, the users do not like tab ‘Platform Coverage’ and want it to be removed.

Also can I remove all columns under Test Environments except ‘Name’? I want to do this for all users not only for myself.

Accepted answer

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Jul 15 '13, 8:10 a.m.
Hi - If you were referring to the ‘Platform Coverage’ tab under Test Environments section of the test plan, then it cannot be removed unless a new UI change. It is fine to have just one single column under Test Environments of the test plan. However, you could not "apply the same changes" for other users since this is another UI; it is not like a process template customization. Hope this helps!
Li Chen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Li Chen commented Jul 16 '13, 3:48 p.m.

Actually for every occurrance of 'Platform Coverage' tab, in the Test Environment section of a Test Plan or when Generate TCER/TSER. We do not use this tab at all.
Thanks for your answers.

One other answer

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jul 15 '13, 8:35 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '13, 8:39 a.m.
Yes, this need to be done individually on each users login.
You will have to open the Test Environment under the Test plan and change the display settings as below:

Similarly you can remove the Test Environment from the TCER by removing the Test Environment from display settings:

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Li Chen commented Jul 16 '13, 3:43 p.m.

First of all, I constantly get errors [Invalid Request OK] when posting in this forum, then I alsways miss some points when I retyped. Anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks,

Your first screenshot is the right place where my questions came from.
We are thinking a way so that the users see only the name column without the need of each user going through the same process to remove the unused columns. It makes sense thinking that we have more than a thousand users and it will save us a lot of effort and reduce confusions.
Also in your first screenshot, the ‘platform coverage’ tab is not used here at all, but some of the thousand users either used it causing reports going to wrong buckets, or they got confused and asked for clarifications about which tab they should choose.
The requests came from our business unit and I told them that I will post them in Jazz.net just in case.

Li Chen commented Jul 16 '13, 3:45 p.m.

Thanks, the above comments was posted successful at the 4th attempts. I use IE 8.0.6

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.