It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importance and Best Practices of Manual Testing in Software Development?

ligem him (11) | asked Sep 07 '23, 9:02 a.m.
edited Sep 08 '23, 1:03 p.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to the field of software testing and have been hearing a lot about automated testing tools and frameworks. However, my team often emphasizes the crucial role of manual testing in our development process. I find that it still occupies a significant part of our testing activities despite the rapid technological advancements.

What I'd like to know are the areas where manual testing shines and where it's irreplaceable. I've heard that it's excellent for exploratory, usability, and ad-hoc testing. Can someone provide more insights into this?

Also, are there best practices for manual testing? Things like creating robust test cases, ensuring that tests are repeatable, and so forth. Is it possible to integrate manual testing into a DevOps environment effectively? And how do you measure the ROI of manual testing activities?

Looking forward to your expert opinions, resources, and experiences.

Comments
David Honey commented Sep 07 '23, 10:20 a.m. | edited Sep 08 '23, 1:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ligem,
This is a forum to discuss Jazz applications and their use. Your post seems to be broader in scope and not specific to Jazz applications. And posting a link to a commercial offering that is not related directly to Jazz seems inappropriate and I have removed that link.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.