It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error messages occur when run at linux, but no such errors at eclipse

kelly hu (21215) | asked Feb 03 '16, 3:36 a.m.
edited Feb 03 '16, 3:51 a.m.
Hi RTC admins,
Currently I've implemented a tool based on RTC client API to create workitem template, and it works correctly in eclipse.  However, when I export jar and deployed to linux server, there were many errors generated from command line - BUT, the tool ran successfully later.
Do you have any suggestions about the error messages?  Thanks a lot.

Here are the output of the tool, the underlined part is incorrect and should be removed.
Starting initializing command line arguments
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.process.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elemes not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.foundation.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elthat is not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.repository.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elthat is not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.repository.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elis not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elem is not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elemy that is not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elemClosure that is not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:13 ERROR util.ExtensionRegistryReader: The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> elemeration that is not unique.
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.rel.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relatedChangeManagement:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@1aa51aa5, targscriptor@1efb1efb. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relnternal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@75dc75dc, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@7a447a44
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.cm.team.workitem.linktype.cm.affectsPlanItem:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@292e292e, target: com.ibdba2dba. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.cm.affectsPlay.EndPointDescriptor@7880788, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@c140c14
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.cm..team.workitem.linktype.cm.affectedByDefect:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@32763276, target: com.@37053705. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.cm.affectedstry.EndPointDescriptor@18e718e7, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@1d761d76
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.scmeam.workitem.linktype.scm.tracksChanges:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@375c375c, target: com.ibm.93b99. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.scm.tracksChangndPointDescriptor@25ed25ed, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@2a2a2a2a
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.bloom.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.blocksTestExecutionRecord:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@401f401f, ntDescriptor@44754475. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktypemmon.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@37913791, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@3be73be7
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.affibm.team.workitem.linktype.affectsExecutionResult:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@49184918, targetriptor@4d874d87. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.affecrnal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@490f490f, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@4d7e4d7e
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.tesam.workitem.linktype.testedByTestCase:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@520c520c, target: com.ibm.te6e9. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.testedByTestCase:ointDescriptor@5a355a35, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@5ea75ea7
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedTestCase:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@5bac5bac, target: com.ib01e601e. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedTesy.EndPointDescriptor@6b796b79, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@6feb6feb
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.om.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedExecutionRecord:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@64e564e5, ntDescriptor@69776977. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktypemmon.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@7ccd7ccd, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@15f015f
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedTestPlan:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@6e3a6e3a, target: com.ib2ac72ac. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedTesy.EndPointDescriptor@f190f19, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@138b138b
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.m.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedTestScript:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@778b778b, target: coor@7bfe7bfe. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relateegistry.EndPointDescriptor@206b206b, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@24de24de
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm..team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedTestSuite:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@c100c1, target: com.ib330533. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.qm.relatedTesty.EndPointDescriptor@31c531c5, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@36373637
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.rm.bm.team.workitem.linktype.rm.relatedRequirement:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@9f009f0, target: ctor@e7e0e7e. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.rm.relateregistry.EndPointDescriptor@430e430e, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@479c479c
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.impbm.team.workitem.linktype.implementsRequirement:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@13431343, target: ptor@17e217e2. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.implemel.registry.EndPointDescriptor@54655465, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@58f358f3
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.rm.m.team.workitem.linktype.rm.tracksRequirement:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@1ca01ca0, target: coor@212b212b. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.rm.tracksegistry.EndPointDescriptor@65db65db, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@6a666a66
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.am.m.workitem.linktype.am.elaboratedBy:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@25cd25cd, target: com.ibm.teamf. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.am.elaboratedBy:, stDescriptor@772c772c, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@7b9e7b9e
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.concom.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.contributesToConfiguration:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@2ec02ec0ointDescriptor@3e1e3e1e. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linkty.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@82a082a, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@d1a0d1a
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relm.workitem.linktype.relatedworkitem:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@515f515f, target: com.ibm.team3. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relatedworkitem:, stDescriptor@1a201a20, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@1a141a14
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.dupeam.workitem.linktype.duplicateworkitem:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@5cff5cff, target: com.ibm.b6f4b. Keeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.duplicateworkitndPointDescriptor@26b126b1, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@2b0a2b0a
16/02/03 01:57:15 ERROR repository.common: linkTypes extension-point: A link type registry entry with id com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.cop.workitem.linktype.copiedworkitem:, source: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@7bc07bc0, target: com.ibm.team.lKeeping the existing link type and ignoring the following link type:LinkTypeEntry for com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.copiedworkitem:, sourccriptor@37c137c1, target: com.ibm.team.links.common.internal.registry.EndPointDescriptor@3c483c48

Created template - "template99" successfully, end of tool.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 03 '16, 4:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From my perspective, this looks like there are duplicate definitions for things. I am not sure what causes this, one reason I can think of is that the generated JAR contains libraries and they contain these definitions. Either there are duplicate libraries e.g. from the client SDK and the server SDK in there, or the tool runs in an environment that has these (server?) parts of the API deployed and there client libraries in the class path as well, that duplicate this,

permanent link
kelly hu (21215) | answered Feb 03 '16, 5:01 a.m.
Thanks Ralph for the prompt feedback.
The root cause is that I created workitemhandle from WorkItemClient, then use auditableClient to resolve the workitem, then created duplicated workitems. hOWEVER, the itemHandle and workitem refer to the same one.
Now I removed the second part and updated the IWorkItemHandle to IWorkItem directly, the issue is resolved.
// = error code
            IWorkItemClient itemClient = (IWorkItemClient)repository.getClientLibrary(IWorkItemClient.class);
            IWorkItemHandle itemHandle = itemClient.findWorkItemById(workitemId, IWorkItem.FULL_PROFILE, null);

IAuditableClient auditableClient= (IAuditableClient)repository.getClientLibrary(IAuditableClient.class);
            IWorkItem workitem = auditableClient.resolveAuditable(itemHandle, IWorkItem.FULL_PROFILE, null);

So my further questions are
1) why the error won't occur in eclipse?
2) what's the difference between 2 ways to find corresponding workitem by using IWorkItemClient or IAuditableClient?

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Comments
kelly hu commented Feb 03 '16, 5:21 a.m.

The issue can be reproducible... It seems that it is NOT the root cause that I mentioned above...
I added log4j.properties in order to avoid log4j warnings, however, when I generated jar package including this properties file, it triggers those errors again.
Any suggestions? thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '16, 6:08 a.m. | edited Feb 03 '16, 6:09 a.m.

A lot of items are auditables, work items as well, therefore you have some shared functionality in both. The EMF framework also allows to have multiple interfaces and interface inheritance. So, for example WorkItemClient (which sits being the interface you get) implements IWorkItemClient as well as IWorkItemCommon and actually inherits some from there. The API is designed to implement the tool and not to be friendly to someone extending.

I would suggest to  always look if there is a common service such as IWorkItemCommon that can be used instead of the IWorkitemClient. Common stuff is in the server and in the client API. All with *Client is only in the client.

I think you should basically only put the JAR file is you need. I think the log4j problem is an overlap of server and client API, because I see these problems also with Jetty and don't know how to get rid of them. 

kelly hu commented Feb 03 '16, 11:02 p.m.

I think the root cause is the log4j error, even I didn't use it in my project. I found the solution to add log4j.properties, it seems only resolved in eclipse but those pasted errors came out.  Thanks for your kindly explanations so far!

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.InternalTeamPlatform).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 04 '16, 1:16 a.m.

I see this error if I work in Eclipse set up with the RTC SDK and run a plain Java application as a Java App e.g. for debugging. The same application run just as Java application from command line does not show the error.

kelly hu commented Feb 04 '16, 9:28 p.m.

Thanks for the feedback, I will look into the eclipse setup, thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.