It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting error importing word document in DNG

Kunal N (872862) | asked Feb 02 '16, 7:42 a.m.
 Hi all,

I am trying to import a word document to DNG, this document has Index and all the data is hyperlinked to internal documents.

When I import the document the Index is not getting imported and other data after index is getting imported, I think as the data in index has hyperlinks to other data hence it is not getting imported.

Have anyone faced similar issue please suggest some workaround.

Thank you,
Kunal

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 02 '16, 7:16 p.m.

What kind of form would you like the "index" to be presented in DNG? You will need something compatible. Otherwise, it will not be imported.

Kunal N commented Feb 02 '16, 11:39 p.m.

Hello Donald,

I would like the Word doc index to be imported to DNG as it is in Word doc.

Thank you,
Kunal

Donald Nong commented Feb 10 '16, 11:02 p.m.

You didn't say "what form". In RDNG, we have requirements, links and containers. An "index" does not fit into any of them. So you cannot do it.

One answer

permanent link
Jianoula Papadakis Kantos (16535) | answered Feb 02 '16, 9:24 a.m.
Hi Kunal.  This behavior sounds right to me.  If RDNG brought in the index, then it would in essence duplicate the data.  In RDNG, "Indexes" can be displayed in other ways.  One way is to use the "Configure page settings > Show full Hierarchy > Show Level x" to display an outline of the document up to a particular level.  
Hope this helps!  - Yianna

Comments
Kunal N commented Feb 02 '16, 11:38 p.m.

You mean to say if I have a index in word doc that has hyperlinks, then that data would not get imported to RDNG.

Thank you,
Kunal

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.