It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I share folders mapping them to specific components?

Andrés Rodríguez (1826) | asked Jan 27 '16, 4:58 p.m.
Hi

I think this should be a very easy task but as I am stucked in it I prefer to ask here.

Please anyone can explain me how to share the content of a folder and map it to a specific component?

Example: I have a Eclipse project that have the following structure

Proj3
-- App1
-- App2
-- DB1

I want to share each child folder to a component so I can have the contents of folder App1 in a component named App1, the folder App2 in a component named App2 and DB1 y a component named DB1.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Regards.
Andrés.

One answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Feb 03 '16, 8:55 p.m.
Your Eclipse project Proj3 will have some files that need to be shared under a component as well. Because Eclipse project will make it mandatory to keep the three folders - App1, App2 and DB1 under Proj3, this structure will make it impossible to share the three subfolders with separate components.

You could however, create three additional  Eclipse projects, one for each subfolder and then share them with three separate components in your repository workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.