It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In the Source Control Overview is it possible to indicate that a Component has had any change sets applied.

Geoff Binns (30625) | asked Apr 18 '16, 8:39 a.m.

In the Source Control Overview, the components in a stream only show the last baseline.

<ComponentName>(n: <BaslineName>)

Would it be useful to be able to indicate that a Component has had any change set applied since the baseline.

It would be useful to maybe a Team Leader the status of a component.

i.e. By which components are baselined and which have baselines+change set applied.

Maybe the icon could indicate it.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 19 '16, 5:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see RTC 6.0.1 https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.1?p=news in the section "New decoration to show when a component has changes in addition to the current baseline". So this has been asked by others and got implemented.

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoff Binns commented Apr 22 '16, 9:06 a.m.

Thanks, great.

I notice that the Component icon is not filled and I've noticed that Components in the streams in 5.0.2 don't seem to get filled when populated. Is this a bug?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 22 '16, 9:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

How would I know how these pictures have been created and if there is a bug?

David Lafreniere commented May 19 '16, 3:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
>> I notice that the Component icon is not filled and I've noticed that Components in the streams in 5.0.2 don't seem to get filled when populated.

Answer: The component icon becomes "filled" (solid blue) when you load content in that component.

Please see this as an example: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_icons.html&scope=null

One other answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13477) | answered Apr 19 '16, 4:34 a.m.
edited Apr 19 '16, 4:35 a.m.
Hi Geoff,

Using RTC eclipse client, I think you can double click after listing the Baseline you will get all the changesets associated wrt the baseline.

it will open in the Change Explorer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.