It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring IBM DB2 V10.1 for online backups for Rational Quality Manager

Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342812) | asked Jan 22 '16, 7:00 a.m.
 Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is an update of the great article:
https://jazz.net/library/article/98
This article address the online backup for DB2 V9.5.

I guess that the procedure is almost the same, but for customer requirements, I just need an official doc/article where explain the same online backup for DB2 10.1

Thanks very much in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Jan 22 '16, 3:04 p.m.
The DB2 Knowledge center would be the place to look.   Here  is a good starting point.

Short answer:  steps are exactly the same in 10.1 and 10.5 as described for 9.7.  In fact, if the databases in a DB2 instance are already configured for online backup, upgrading the instance won't adversly affect the online backup configuration.

Ismael Serrano Hidalgo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ismael Serrano Hidalgo commented Jan 25 '16, 2:42 a.m.

Totally agree. Thanks very much for your answer.

Ismael Serrano Hidalgo commented Jan 26 '16, 11:18 a.m.

Just one more question to be fully sure that there won't be any problem with an online backup.

I need to confirm that RQM is able to perform load processes with Load and LOG NO option.

Ismael Serrano Hidalgo commented Jan 26 '16, 11:23 a.m.

For further clarification...if RQM performs Load with LOG NO, there is no chance to execute online backup...

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 26 '16, 11:28 a.m.

If the default circular logging is in use, doesn't matter what application uses a database; only offline backup can be taken.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.