It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Make an RPE custom report available to new projects

Massimo Caprinali (1636) | asked Jul 31 '13, 9:27 a.m.
edited Aug 01 '13, 5:57 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
Hello People,

I have a problem with RRDG and RQM 4.0.3.

I have created a custom report with RPE to produce a Test Plan Word Document. I have created a new report resource, uploaded files (dta, dsx, stylesheet), I have created a new report based on that resource.
All works fine.

But if I want to make this report available to new project areas, I cannot do it.

I used RTC client to connect to Project Area Admin of RQM.
Under Project Configuration->Project Area Initialization->Server follow-up action->Setup Project for Reports   I have added new report resource like this:

Add report resource

I have extracted/imported the process template. When I crete a new QM Project Area, I select the imported process temaplate. In the new Project Area there are all customizations (categories, workflows, custom attribute) but not the custom report.

Where am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Regars
Massimo

2 answers

permanent link
Chong Yuan Yin (7612) | answered Jul 31 '13, 10:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, Massimo,

do you mean you want to upload your RPE custom report to a new RQM project area, or do you mean you want your RPE report to display Test Plan created in your new RQM project area?

Comments
Massimo Caprinali commented Aug 01 '13, 4:40 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '13, 4:41 a.m.

Hi,
I mean that I want to upload my RPE custom report to a new project area automatically when I create it (during project area initialization).

manivannan sabarajan commented Aug 02 '13, 4:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chong Yuan Yin,
Can you explain the procedure to upload RPE custom report to a new RQM project area

Chong Yuan Yin commented Aug 05 '13, 9:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

hi Massimo,
I'm afraid the functionality of automatically uploading the RPE custom report via process template hasn't been implemented yet. Could you please submit a RFE on that functionality

Chong Yuan Yin commented Aug 05 '13, 9:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

hi manivannan,

the current way of uploading RPE custom report to a RQM project area is via the reporting UI. You can find the detailed stpes from https://jazz.net/library/article/1137, the 3rd section

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Nov 13 '13, 1:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Centralized report sharing through process templates is supported.
Please refer to http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/t_include_reports_in_process_config.html&scope=null for details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.