It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot permanently Delete Artifacts in RQM

Dolores Vogel (1031336) | asked Feb 17 '14, 12:32 p.m.
Hi - I'm trying to delete artifacts that have no review or approval set up, and I cannot delete them unless I have both the Permanently Delete permission for the artifact and the Delete Work Item permission.

I've checked this forum post - https://jazz.net/forum/questions/138769/rqm-permantly-deletepurge-test-artifacts?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F138769%2Frqm-permantly-deletepurge-test-artifacts and the referenced Help article in that same post - http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_deleting_artifacts.html.
The Help says: "As a safeguard against accidental deletions, only users who have the Permanently Delete permission can permanently delete artifacts. To delete artifacts that have reviews or approvals, you must also have the Delete Work Item permission."

However, I created a test case that had no review or approval and a test plan that had no review or approval, and I could not permanently delete either until I granted the Delete Work Item permission. I even removed the Formal Review section from each artifact and still couldn't permanently delete.

It looks like I can delete other artifacts, such as templates, with only the Permanently Delete permission granted. 

Am I misreading the Help? Is it actually that you need the extra Delete Work Item permission to delete an artifact that CAN have a review or approval set up? (vs. a review or approval is set up for the artifact.)

Please clarify. Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jason Sholl (761) | answered Feb 17 '14, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dolores,

You're reading everything correctly.  I just took another look at the help and compared it to the behavior, and the help is wrong.  You're going to need to enable the Delete Work Item permission to permanently delete artifacts that ***could*** have formal reviews.  These artifact types include Test Case, Test Plan, Test Suite, Test Script, Test Case Result, and Test Suite Result.

I'll open up a work item to fix the help.  Sorry for the confusion.

Jason
Dolores Vogel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Feb 18 '14, 2:43 a.m.

Hi Jason,
Please provide workitem number as soona s open it. Thanks in advance :)

Dolores Vogel commented Feb 18 '14, 8:03 a.m.

Thanks! 

Jason Sholl commented Feb 18 '14, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.