It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I copy Repository Connections info from one laptop to another ?

Steve Woodbridge (1352326) | asked Dec 23 '15, 8:35 p.m.
I have RTC 6.0 on both my old laptop and new laptop. I would prefer to be able to use the Repository connection documents - along with all the project areas I have added to the workspace. Is there a way of doing that ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001423) | answered Sep 14 '16, 3:44 a.m.
How about copying both folders - Eclipse and Workspace - across?
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 15 '16, 2:34 a.m. | edited Sep 15 '16, 2:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, you can zip the Eclipse workspace or copy it otherwise to a different machine and you can then open the workspace on the new computer and will have all metadata you want. I have done this a couple of times already.

Eclipse only stores this data in the workspace metadata. You can, but don't have to copy the Eclipse client. I would suggest to rather install a fresh version on the new machine and use the new Eclipse client with the copied Eclipse workspace.

One other answer

permanent link
Pedro Vera (116) | answered Sep 12 '16, 6:12 p.m.
I also need such advice.  How do I move repository connection documents (and any other 'status' information) to the new laptop?

Comments
Pedro Vera commented Sep 13 '16, 12:33 p.m.

RTC has an export capability:  File -> Export -> System Definitions -> System Definition IDs and it allows me to pick from a list of Repository Connections and to select various attributes to export...   but when I do an import on the new laptop, the process first makes pick from a list of Repository Connections to import to...  but my list of connections is empty so I cannot proceed with the import.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.