It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking of artifacts in DOORS Next Generation

Karan Razdan (111) | asked Dec 16 '15, 5:00 p.m.

Hello,

I am trying to link artifacts in DOORS Next Generation 6.0. I can do it manually one by one, but we are trying to link multiple artifacts, and it will not be possible to do it for all the artifacts since there are a large number of artifacts. Is there  a way to automate the linking of these artifacts?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Dec 16 '15, 8:43 p.m.

What type of link are you trying to create? When you say multiple artifacts, are you trying to link 1:N, N:1, or N:M?

Keith Collyer commented Dec 17 '15, 4:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can link multiple artifacts by selecting more than one then selecting to link them from the menu. We need more information on exactly what you are trying to do to be able to answer properly.

One answer

permanent link
ian green (17814) | answered Dec 19 '15, 12:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Karan
A "link by attribute" feature was introduced in DNG version 6.0.1  This allows creation/deletion of large numbers of links based on attribute values on artefacts.

I don't know your data, but this feature might help. You can try it in the jazz.net sandbox on https://jazz.net/sandbox.

cheers,
-ian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.