It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk removal of 'Reference' links in DOORS Next using 'Link by Attribute'

Philippe Leblanc (131) | asked Mar 21, 8:07 a.m.
I have imported DOORS 9 modules into DOORS Next 703 using Migiz. 'Reference' links have been automatically created between DN artifacts and D9 objects.
I want to delete all these links in DN, that are of no interest for me.
I intended to use 'Link by Attribute' but 'Reference' link type does not show up in the 'Link by Attribute' dialog, even if there are some associations between my RM project and some other RM projects.
So I don't think it is possible to create/delete 'Reference' links using 'Link by Attribute'.
What would be the alternatives: a JS script?

3 answers

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered Mar 21, 6:23 p.m.
You could try two options:
 - Excel import with an empty column that matches the column name containing the References link. Export a sample to see if the link data gets exported and what the column name is first. If you don't see the link data in the cell then it probably won't work
 - A widget that uses the RM Client Extension API to find and delete the link information. From memory I think there's a sample extension widget that either does this or would give you a starting point at least.

See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsExamples703 for examples, and also https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsAPI703#GetLinkedArtifacts , which is used to get a list of all links. It's likely that these link types are considered 'external Links' and so will appear under that property in the returned LinkDataSet. You should be able to use the details in the list of LinkDefinition objects as parameters in the DeleteLink function to remove the link

permanent link
Philippe Leblanc (131) | answered Mar 25, 9:29 a.m.
I have created by hand some 'References' links between 2 modules. I can export these links with Excel, but I confirm that 'References' link type does not show up in the 'Link by Attribute' dialog box. So, a specific widget is required here.
Many thanks for your pointers to the related Jazz documentation.

permanent link
Philippe Leblanc (131) | answered Mar 25, 9:40 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.