It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Global Configuration - How to link CCM Work Item to a Requirement variant properly

Josip Osrecki (113) | asked Dec 08 '15, 5:39 a.m.
edited Dec 08 '15, 7:49 a.m.
I have created Global Configuration (v6.0.1 M4) project which contains DNG, RTC and QM streams with 3 variants.

I am having trouble linking a User Story to a specific Requirement variant from CCM perspective.
If I add "Implements Requirement" link from a Story and select "Requirement 1" it will create a link.
But from "Requirement 1" perspective link to ccm Work item does not exist.

Is this a bug?

I have followed this article to enable variant linking:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/c_linking_to_cm_artifacts.html&scope=null

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 08 '15, 10:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think it is probably due to wrong usage. Especially

If the link type is mapped to Derived From Planned For:
  1. Rational Team Concert gets the value of the Planned For field from the work item. The Planned For field is populated with the iterations that are defined on the Timelines page of the project area editor.
  2. Rational Team Concert finds the release that is associated with that iteration. If the iteration is not associated with a release, then the release that is associated with the iteration's nearest parent in the timeline tree is used.
  3. Rational Team Concert looks at the Release definition to retrieve the global configuration that is associated with the release.
  4. You can link to the target versioned artifacts that belong to a configuration that belongs to the global configuration.

You have to set it up right and the work item must be planned from the derived release that corresponds to the configuration in your RM global configuration.

If it is not done right, I would assume you link to just some version of the artifact in RM and I am not sure which one it would be.

Just a guess, I am not the expert in this area.

Comments
Josip Osrecki commented Dec 08 '15, 10:34 a.m.
Since the "Implements Requirement" artifact link from User Story links section leads to correct DNG GC I think that GC in CCM is properly configured.

When trying to link from DNG perspective "Show only Work Items related to the current Global Configuration" is checked and it shows work items in release I have configured for wanted GC.

Maybe this is not related to GC but to my local configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.