It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

StorageAreaNotFoundException

Unknown User (1313) | asked Nov 25 '15, 2:25 a.m.
edited Nov 25 '15, 2:25 a.m.
 Hi, I installed CLM and while going through the setup, I faced some errors at Finalize Lifecycle Project Administration Setup. 

The error below can be found in jtc.log 

Caused by: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.common.StorageAreaNotFoundException: com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.common.StorageAreaNotFoundException
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.jfs.resources.JfsTaskStatusStorage.createNewTask(JfsTaskStatusStorage.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.setupMonitoring(CompositeTask.java:193)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.addMonitoredTask(CompositeTask.java:171)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.addMonitoredTask(CompositeTask.java:165)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.app.services.FinalizeSetupService.createFinalizeTask(FinalizeSetupService.java:134)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.app.services.FinalizeSetupService.post(FinalizeSetupService.java:105)
... 53 more
Caused by: com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.common.StorageAreaNotFoundException: com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.common.StorageAreaNotFoundException
at com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.storage.internal.StorageService.checkStorageAreaAvailability(StorageService.java:863)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.storage.internal.StorageService.saveCreate(StorageService.java:2392)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.storage.internal.StorageService.saveWithStateCheck(StorageService.java:2747)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.storage.internal.StorageService.save(StorageService.java:2329)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.storage.internal.StorageService.save(StorageService.java:2321)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.storage.internal.StorageService.save(StorageService.java:2232)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy1798.save(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.jfs.clients.AbstractStorageClient.createResource(AbstractStorageClient.java:133)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.jfs.clients.TaskStatusStorageClient.createTaskStatus(TaskStatusStorageClient.java:65)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.jfs.resources.JfsTaskStatusStorage.createNewTask(JfsTaskStatusStorage.java:73)
... 58 more

Appreciate if someone could help me to solve this issue! Thanks!

Comments
Chao Wang commented Nov 25 '15, 12:41 p.m.

Hi Adrian,

Is this a brand new setup or an upgrade? Can you also confirm the version which you are trying to setup as well?

Unknown User commented Nov 25 '15, 7:48 p.m.

Hi Chao, this is a brand new setup. The CLM version is 6, running on WAS 8.5.5 and DB2 10.5. Do note that both WAS and DB2 are trial versions. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Srinivas Mandava (15815) | answered Nov 25 '15, 8:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi

Can you check if your teamserver.properties has these two lines in them
com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.name=com.ibm.team.lpa.932fc892-93ba-42a5-8027-63e9e1a1dd71
com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.label=Jazz Lifecycle Project Administration

You usually get storageareanotfound exception beacuse of this.Have you copied or changed teamserver.properties by any chance?

Unknown User selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Unknown User commented Nov 25 '15, 8:28 p.m. | edited Nov 25 '15, 8:28 p.m.

Hi Srinivas, yes the two lines are found as below: 

com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.name=com.ibm.team.lpa.268d44d6-65f7-4f50-a89f-b8a1df985eca
com.ibm.team.lpa.storage.area.label=Jazz Lifecycle Project Administration

No, I have not modified the properties file. 

Unknown User commented Nov 25 '15, 9:58 p.m.

When will this property file be created? Cause I reinstalled WAS and DB2, and ran the setup twice. Wonder if running the setup twice will cause this error?

Srinivas Mandava commented Nov 25 '15, 11:24 p.m. | edited May 08 '19, 5:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Adrian,

teamserver.properties should not contain these two entries before you start and run the server setup, else you would end up getting the exception.The application is trying to find the specific storage area URI in database and is unable to match.

Unknown User commented Nov 25 '15, 11:53 p.m. | edited Nov 25 '15, 11:59 p.m.

Hi Srinivas, so should I delete these two entries, and then run the setup again?

And to confirm that we are on the same page about setup, the setup is /jts/setup right?

Srinivas Mandava commented Nov 26 '15, 12:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Adrain

You can try removing these two entries, restart the server and run /jts/setup again, I am assuming when you reinstalled db2, the db created are new as well.

Unknown User commented Nov 26 '15, 12:46 a.m.

Hi Srinivas, thanks. Will try this tomorrow. Do I need to remove the db entries as well?

Unknown User commented Nov 26 '15, 8:29 p.m.

Hi Srinivas, I deleted the two entries, restarted the server and ran the setup again. It is now working. Thanks!

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.