It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to link test cases with test scripts using RQM Excel Importer

José Gornés (1112) | asked Nov 24 '15, 10:24 a.m.
converted to question Nov 24 '15, 6:33 p.m. by Donald Nong (14.5k414)
 Hi,

I'm using RQM 5.0, and tried the sample: Scripts that create testcases.cfg, but I'm not able to get the test case linked with the test script.

I imported first the test cases xml files, then the test scripts xml files and nothing. I got the same result the opposite way.

I have also used other examples with self referential or XLSLink, but with no success.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 24 '15, 6:42 p.m.
It seems that you may not understand how the samples work. To do a simply test with the sample "Scripts that create testcases", you just open the file "Scripts that create testcases.xls" and export the data to an RQM repository directly using the RQM menu - the configuration file "Scripts that create testcases.cfg" will be chosen by default. Once you get the correct result with the sample files as is, you can start using your own data, or modify the way the data is exported to RQM. The fact that you had to import two XML files does not sound right.

P.S. I converted your comment in an answered post to a question. Otherwise it may be left unnoticed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.