It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I would like to import test cases element 'special procedural requirements' from Excel to RQM 4.0.1 but cannot find the element name needed for the cfg. Has anyone else tried to import this test case section?

Sharon Segal (311) | asked Jun 27 '13, 2:06 p.m.
retagged Jun 28 '13, 5:21 p.m. by David Walker (2264)
I would like to import test cases element 'special procedural requirements' from Excel to RQM 4.0.1 but cannot find the element name needed for the cfg.  Has anyone else tried to import this test case section?

Comments
Sharon Segal commented Jul 02 '13, 11:26 a.m.

Thank you, Hao.  This is nearly everything I need.  I would also like to import 'special procedural requirements' into the testcase.Section.  Would you know where I can find the element name for the import config file?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Jul 01 '13, 1:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi Sharon,
you could use the config
requirement.resourceShape = X"  for requirement.

and use testcase.requirement=Link(***)  /refer to the following config file in the sample "TestPlan Requirement Collection Test Case and Requirements.cfg" in 4.0.3

// this configuration file will create a static testplan and a testase object for each one listed
// and link all testcase to the testplan, and link test plan with RM requirement collection and link RM requirement with RM requirement collection
// and also link testcase with RM requirement.

testplan.dc:title=C1
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planBusinessObjectives","RQM-KEY-TP-BUSS-OBJ-TITLE")=C2
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.entryCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-TITLE")=C3
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.exitCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-EXIT-CRITERIA-TITLE")=C4
testplan.XLSLink=testcase
testplan.XLSWorksheetID="Acme Hammers"
testplan.requirementCollection=Link(C1)

testcase.XLSStartRow=7
testcase.XLSWorksheetID="Acme Hammers"
testcase.dc:title=B
testcase.dc:description=E
testcase.jzalm:owner=C
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=F
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=K
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=L
testcase.requirement=Link(A)

requirementCollection.dc:title=C1
requirementCollection.XLSArtifactID=C1
requirementCollection.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"
requirementCollection.resourceShape="Test Plan Collection"
requirementCollection.XLSLink=requirement

requirement.XLSStartRow=6
requirement.XLSArtifactID=A
requirement.dc:title=B
requirement.dc:description=C
requirement.jzalm:owner=D
requirement.dc:creator=D
requirement.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"
requirement.resourceShape="Requirement"

Sharon Segal selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karen Steele commented Feb 04 '15, 2:03 p.m.

Whilst this gives a configuration file for the purposes of import, it does not provide the "how to get the test case section name" for a section that has been added to the system e.g. custom

How does one find that information

Ara Masrof commented Feb 04 '15, 4:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Karen,

If your Test Case has a custom section, you can obtain the ID by looking at the xml of the Test Case Template
The here is an example on what the XML would look like in a Test Plan Template:

<ns2:section content="" name="MyCustomTPsectionForDemo" id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1379687368053" description="Created this section for a demo"/>

and the cfg file would look something like this:

testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1379687368053","MyCustomTPsectionForDemo")=B9

Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 06 '15, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Karen Steele commented Feb 06 '15, 10:15 a.m.

Agreed that's what I'm asking .. where to I go / what do I use to see the XML ???

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.