It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Is it possible to create more TCERs for one single Test Case by using RQM XLS Importer

Miroslav Zaninovic (36723) | asked Oct 18 '18, 5:03 a.m.
closed Mar 09 '23, 9:35 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

Our experience shows that is possible to create only one TCER per test case, and create many test case results for single TCER.

Wiki says that usage of the XLSArtifactID keyword in cfg file, to specify a unique external ID for each export operation, supports control of import (update or new creation)

Managing different XLSArtifactID provides possibility to create or update test case result, but approach does not work for TCER.

TCER could be created or updated only by using syntax

executionworkitem.XLSArtifactID="executionworkitem_" & A, where A is test case ID. Any modification of id causes bad request during creation of TCER.

Is it possible to create more TCERs for one single Test Case by using RQM XLS Importer and how?

Is it possible to create TCER with iteration and test environment by using RQM XLS Importer?

Any suggestion?

we use 6.0.6 iFix002 and iFix003

Tnx

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by davidhoney Mar 09 '23, 9:35 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Oct 23 '18, 5:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Miroslav,

Could you check generated XML by exporting to the file? Do you see multiple execution execution work item related xml files? I believe it should work.

To create TCER with iteration you need to refer 'Testplan_Testcase_Testscript_TER_Environment_Iteration_AllInOne' from sample file. (We had some incorrect syntax for iteration linking which got fixed in recent sample file, but make sure you have 'executionworkitem.testphase=Link(H2)' in your configuration file).

Regards,
Mehul

Miroslav Zaninovic selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Miroslav Zaninovic commented Nov 06 '18, 5:37 a.m.
Thank You.
With this change sample works.
It is possible. We successfully created more TCERs for single test case. TCER must be created with iteration and environment and but must be created over XLS importer because all dependencies are done over XLSArtifactID.

To create more TCERs for single test case, we even updated TCER ids, different ID and proper dependencies allows us to create it,

Rohan Bhardwaj commented Mar 09 '23, 8:53 a.m. | edited Mar 09 '23, 9:32 a.m.

Hello,

I am trying to accomplish the same thing as Miroslav, multiple TCERs for one test case.

I checked the sample file mentioned above and it does have 'executionworkitem.testphase=Link(H2)', however, the upload will still have 7 executionworkitem failures. <o:p> </o:p>

Before I upload the sample file with the associated .cfg file, do I need to configure the environment and iteration on rqm first? 

David Honey commented Mar 09 '23, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rohan Bhardwaj please do not pose a new question as an answer to already answered question that was answered more than 4 years ago. If you have a new question, please post your own question.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '23, 10:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As an enhancement to David's question, if you want to create items that refer to some other data, it is almost inevitable that you have to create the data (e.g. iterations) before you can refer to it.