It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution owner is not updated correctly when test suite imported from excel

Bharti Arora (156) | asked Mar 19 '18, 11:09 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '18, 4:37 a.m.
Hi, 

I am trying to import test suite and test cases from excel sheet. I have used sample sheet 'Testsuite with testcases that have testscripts' and have added another column called 'Owner' in column 'I' and added statement 

'testcase.jzalm:owner=I'   in the .configuration file.

I am able to import the owner of test cases succefully but the problem is in the ‘Test Case’ section of the ‘Test Suite’. 

In the test case section, Execution Owner for all the test cases is shown as my user name and not what I have used as the owner of test cases. And when i generate TSER then TCER have the owner as my name and not the owner which i have used in the test cases.

Behavior is different when  we manually add any test case to a test suite. In that case, the execution owner shown in the test case section of the test suite is same as the owner of the test case. And if we generate TSER and TCER, TCER will have the owner as the execution owner of the test case, which is correct.

Could you please help me understand if this is the correct behavior or i need to do any changes in the configuration file.

Thanks and Regards,
Bharti Arora

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered May 21 '18, 1:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Bharti,

As per the sample you are referring, you are just sourcing the testcase owner and testcase details from the excel data and that is what you have configured in configuration file (testcase.jzalm:owner=I). In this sample, configuration file is not configured to create TCER and if you create TCER from Web then it will assign the owner who creates it (from Web UI).

If you would like to set TCER's owner then you need to set owner using 'executionworkitem.jzalm:owner=I' while creating the TCER. I suggest to modify 'TestSuite_Testcase_Testscript_TER_Environment_Iteration_AllInOne' which creates the TCER.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.