It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modify state of a work item via RM discipline

Anastasios Stathopoulos (113) | asked Oct 15 '15, 3:43 a.m.
Suppossing a work item has already been associated with an artifact is it possible to change the state and generally modify the work item from within the RM application? For instance in RM application if i open the artifact and go to links tab i can see the work item associated. Now if i right click on it i can see two options: remove and edit. Unfortunately edit is not active. Can i enable it?

i use DNG version 6.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 15 '15, 4:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 15 '15, 4:55 a.m.
You click on the work item link and the work item opens up and then you can edit it - assuming you have the permission to do so.

Comments
Anastasios Stathopoulos commented Oct 15 '15, 7:05 a.m.

Thank you for the answer but following this link the CCM application is being loaded and the work item will be changed via this discipline. For some particular reason i want to edit the work item without living the RM application. Is there a way to do so?

For example while creating an artifact i can create and assocciate a work item to it  all from RM application. 

Thank you

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 15 '15, 7:23 a.m. | edited Oct 15 '15, 7:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is how it is supposed to work. If you create the work item in RM, it uses the creation dialog and you basically create it in RTC as well.

The RM application does only provide a rich hover to the work item for looking at the data, but no direct access to an editor dialog. That is in RTC and under RTC's responsibility.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.