It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Comparing Two Baselines in Doors NG

Ajay Natu (2112) | asked Jun 18 '20, 3:40 a.m.
In Doors NG, i see an option to compare a baseline and a stream. But, i do not see any options to compare two baselines. Can i get some guidance here?

2 answers

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12749) | answered Jun 18 '20, 4:49 a.m.

Ajay,

In DNG you compare configuration to configuration. Configuration is Stream or Baseline or Change Set.

What you have to do:

1) Open Baseline 1 that you want to compare with Baseline 2.
2) Selectect Compare to Configuration 
3) Switch from comparing with Stream to compare with Baseline 2.
4) Select Baseline 2 from the list
5) As a result You are comparing two baselines.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Jun 18 '20, 4:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ajay

AFAICT going back to at least 6.0.2 it's possible to compare one configuration (stream or baseline) with another. If configuration management isn't enabled then you only have one stream, but you can compare that with a baseline, or one baseline with another baseline.

- if you're not using 6.0.6.1 you can change version to match what you're using but other than formatting changes it's the same back to at least 6.0.2

That page shows three ways of doing comparison: from the toolbar, and in two different ways from the configuration editor. For example, using the toolbar, first choose the starting point configuration (stream or baseline), then click the current configuration name->Compare Configuration and choose the configuration to compare.

HTH
Ian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.