It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connect between RDNG to RTC in Agile methodology

Chen Ben ezra (41327) | asked May 08 '16, 3:10 a.m.

Hi ,

We are working in Agile methodology.

Our requirements are written in RDNG inside a[PL]  “Release collection[PL] “ and each [PL] “release collection[PL] “ is connected to a [PL] “release Development plan[PL] “ in RTC.

When we start working on a collection , for each requirement we create a [PL] story in RTC.

My question is how we supposed to work when we have changes in the collection (add/remove/change a requirement) [PL] ? Are we supposed to go manually to [PL] RTC Development Plan [PL] and [PL] to  add/remove/change [PL] Story? 

[PL] Or if we move a Story to next release, should we go to RDNG manually and remove the related requirement from the Release Collection?

Updating manually in 2 places is error prone.

[PL] Do you have any idea how to do it more automatic? Set “suspicion flags”? Or any other idea?

BR,

Chen

One answer

permanent link
Carole Schwarz (3613) | answered May 16 '16, 10:16 a.m.
An the Development Plan in RTC, there is a "refresh" option next to the collection link.  After refreshing, create the work items from requirements in the collection, making sure you select "do not create work items if work item already exists" (or something like that).

We use suspicion profiles to flag changes, but usually the analyst will have already created the work items since they are close to the work.

Comments
Chen Ben ezra commented May 17 '16, 7:17 a.m.

Hi ,

How can it solve me the problem to know every time a change is being made in the collection ? Can it be done automatically ?

BR,

Chen

Carole Schwarz commented May 17 '16, 7:39 a.m.

That is a good question, I will have to see if the suspicion indicator shows up on the dev plan in RTC or not.  I would expect the suspicion flag to display on the collection icon in the links view of the plan, but I have not tried that yet.

Chen Ben ezra commented May 22 '16, 1:30 a.m.

Hi ,

I couldn't found "suspicion flag indicator" on the dev plan in RTC.

If there is one , I would like if you can attach a screenshot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.