It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to extract primary text of the linked artifact in DNG using RPE?

Jyotsna Prasad (1920) | asked Mar 31 '17, 6:39 a.m.

Hello,

Can anyone please tell how to extract primary text of the linked artifact while generating report using RPE deployed templates in DNG?

Thank you.

3 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 31 '17, 1:55 p.m.

Hi Jyotsna,

If you are referring to traced artifacts, dataSource/artifact/traceability/links/Link/relation will give the href(url) for the linked artifacts. You can dynamically configure the data source for linked artifact and get the artifact details (including text).

If you want to print different links ("Satisfied By", "Link To" or "Link From") columnwise, you can add conditions / filters on dataSource/artifact/traceability/links/Link/title and print in different cells within a table row. You can use the sample template for reference. Use the module URL (https://server:port/rm/publish/modules?resourceURI=<ID>) for document generation.

Comments
Jyotsna Prasad commented Apr 02 '17, 11:51 p.m.

Hello Subramanya,

I followed the same steps as you mentioned and I have observed the following things :
- When we are generating the document from the RPE dsx file, the above mentioned steps works fine to extract primary text.
- When we are generating the document from the DNG by deploying the templates in rrdg folder, the above steps does not work and primary text field is empty.

Can you please tell if there is any specific configuration that needs to be done for the templates that are deployed in DNG server?

Thank you.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 03 '17, 3:07 a.m.

Note that to generate documents from DNG, the data source name should be that of supported artifact types. If you are referring to sample template, you cannot use _resourcesLinked as data source schema name. Please try changing its name. If it doesn't work, you can provide your template so that we can have a look.

permanent link
Ravi Gollapudi (37118) | answered Apr 27 '20, 5:53 a.m.

Hi Subramanya, can you help me with an extension of what is there in the reference template? It's kind of urgency for me.

Q: How can I extract all the artifacts linked by type 'Satisfied By' to the main artifact in a table format?

I have to print the identifier, title a serial # for the links in rows of a dedicated table for all 'Satisfied By' links. 

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 27 '20, 8:28 a.m.

Hi Ravi, that should be pretty easy. You can directly print identifier and title without using Data Source Configuration element.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.