It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connect to RQM Command Line adapter through CLI.

Vaibhav S (106348) | asked Mar 21 '17, 6:12 a.m.

I am trying to connect to RQM Command Line adapter through CLI.

Please let me know the minimal syntax required to connect to it.

Thanks
Vaibhav

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 21 '17, 10:37 p.m.

I don't really understand what you're trying to do. The RQM Command Line Adapter basically attaches itself to the RQM server, receive commands/requests from the server and execute the commands accordingly. It is not a server. Why do you want to "connect" to it?

Vaibhav S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vaibhav S commented Mar 22 '17, 12:20 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '17, 12:26 a.m.

Hi Donald, re-framing the question:  I am trying to run the RQM adapter . Using this:

start.bat -repository https://*****.com:9443/qm -user  -pasword  *** -adapterName com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline_6.0.300.v20161022_0636 -projectArea TestProjectFromOSLCCode \
[-adapter com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline_6.0.300.v20161022_0636] [-sleepTime 1000]

Is it the correct way to do so ?

Donald Nong commented Mar 22 '17, 5:34 a.m.

So your question is really "how do I run the RQM Command Line Adapter".

Your command looks strange. In the syntax description, angle brackets (<>) mean "required", and square brackets ([]) mean "optional". You should not have square brackets in your command. Also, the -adapterName is whatever name you will give this particular adapter, something like "adapter_1", not the name of the .jar file.

Vaibhav S commented Mar 23 '17, 2:27 a.m.

Hi Donald, thanks for the help. As mentioned by you its working.

Used the below one:

start.bat -repository https://**/qm -user ***  -password *** -adapterName adapter-1 -projectArea TestProjectFromOSLCCode -adapter com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline_6.0.300.v20161022_0636;

Thanks
Vab

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.