It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we restrict access to CLM/RQM to validated browsers?

Paul Spalitta (8143037) | asked Oct 14 '15, 10:24 a.m.
We have validated a couple versions of Firefox for use with RQM. However, I notice (in Jazz Monitor output) that users are accessing RQM using a variety of non-validated browsers. We are using Tomcat to host CLM/RQM. How can we configure Tomcat to block access from non-validated browsers?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Oct 14 '15, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not aware of any 'built it' way to accomplish (others my chime in); in theory , you could set up a filter based on the User-Agent string

User-Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0

This may be a helpful link

http://www.tomcatexpert.com/ask-the-experts/useragentvalve

"By examining the user agent string, it's possible to filter out specific browsers and versions. IE strings are found here. The user agent string is sent from browsers as a HTTP request header with every HTTP request. It's also available via javascript for client side code.

On the server side, one way to filter is by writing a custom Valve which examines the user agent string. However, Valves are Tomcat specific, and are relatively rare in the field. So writing a valve may lead to code maintenance issues in future."

Paul Spalitta selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.