It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Evaluate Execution Environment of an attribte script

Matthias Buettgen (23612331) | asked May 24 '13, 4:34 a.m.
Hi all,

I recognize a different behavior between Web and Eclipse Full Client related to the execution of attribute scripts, e.g., during the save process of the work item it seems that a script is executed once in in the Web and twice in the Eclipse Client.

Therefore I'd like to know if there exists the possibility to evaluate where the script is executed to trigger the right action.

Many thanks and cheers
Matthias

Comments
Matthias Buettgen commented May 24 '13, 4:50 a.m.

I forgot to mention that we are using 3.0.1.5

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 24 '13, 6:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Matthias,

it depends on what type of script and potentially what type of dependent attributes, when and how often it is run as well as if it is run in the client or on a server (validation, condition).

Using the Web UI you can debug scripts (best using Chrome), but since the scripts are run in an internal Script engine, I don not believe you can debug their environment.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered May 24 '13, 9:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
i usually take help of console.log and breakpoints.

from my observations, if the break point is hit, the script is executing on the client side and you would see the text from console.log recorded onto the firebug console window in case of web ui and into the eclipse workspace .metadata/.log file in case of eclipse client.

if the break point is not hit and then I would assume the script was run on the server

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.