It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to programmatically download an RQMS file for offline testcase execution?

Stefan Schroeder (1123) | asked Sep 02 '15, 5:19 a.m.
I am successfully using curl to download and upload testplans, testcases, testscripts and executionresults. in RQM 5.0.2.

When browsing to the Testcase page, I have the option to select "Offline execution" and then I can download the RQMS file. How do I do this programmatically, without the browser?

The webpage "https://jazz.net/library/article/1376" does not discuss the download of offline execution packages.

Any help is appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Sep 02 '15, 5:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stefan,

The Reportable REST API doesn't support getting .rqms file. But you can do it by writing Selenium scripts. So the script should do a click on Run Offline option and that should give you the RQMS file

Comments
Stefan Schroeder commented Sep 02 '15, 5:49 a.m.

The download will occur on a headless server, therefore Selenium is not an option (I found that actually Selenium does support running headless, but I could not find any docs for Windows). Thank you for the quick answer anyway. I will investigate the HTTP transactions that lead to the download and replay them with a programming language that I haven't decided on yet.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.