It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM and RPE use of Test Data

ashley ougham (111) | asked May 23 '16, 6:43 a.m.

I have created test scripts with associated test data.  I can run this offline and execute the script from Excel with all of the test data populated.

I now want to be able to export this to RPE to allow the test script and test data to be published. I can produce the Test Plan, with Test Cases and Test Scripts, but the Test Scripts only show the field name of the test data.  Is it possible for the RPE export to contain the script and Test data as is shown in the excel off-line execution?

br Ash

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 24 '16, 2:37 a.m.
I am afraid we cannot get data records through RQM's REST API. I could get only field names on using datapool/variables/variable/name.

However, we can get the .csv file in RPE report using datapool/attachment/href. You may refer the following link that briefs how to have attachments as OLEs in the output.
https://rpeactual.com/2015/11/13/embed-attachments-as-oles-in-the-rpe-word-output/

Comments
ashley ougham commented May 24 '16, 3:50 a.m.
Thanks for the response.
Does this also mean that if you are using test data as part of the test script and run the test script, you also cannot output to RPE the results against each the test data?
Is there another method I should use to manage test data so I can create scripts from data sets and output to RPE?
Thanks for your help.
Ash

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jun 02 '16, 3:02 p.m.

Yes. Following the CSV is an alternative. Note that only variable names are exposed by RQM Reportable REST API and hence you cannot show test data in RPE output.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.